Karen writes: Delusions, resting and stretching

My Archilles tendons mercifully feel much better today…they were so stiff when I got out of bed yesterday morning I hobbled down the stairs muttering at my stupidity, and they ached if I sat down for any length of time.   I don’t know about you, but if something goes wrong I head for the internet…and search… and search… and search until I find something which agrees with what I have already decided I want to do…which yesterday was keep running. 

Unfortunately (fortunately?) nothing I read which I could pretend was vaguely reputable agreed with me, everything I looked at said "prevent" (yes, that's useful now),  "rest", "ice" "stretch", "shoes", "rest again" etc.  In fact there was a common theme along the lines of “BEWARE the rupturetearpermanantdamageneverrunagainsurgerystopnowifitgoestocustarditsallyourfault”. Enough to frighten even delusional me into submission.  

So some applications of ice with the kids novelty icepacks (bunged down the back of the sock while cooking dinner), a bucket of antiflam later and a night off, there is now no tenderness discernible with a good prod.  However I am getting laughed at by the girls as they watch me go up the stairs,  stop suddenly, wiggle my heels back until they are hanging off the edge of the step and slowly drop them down for a gentle streeeeetch, ahhhh…ow…  

So will I be sensible tonight and take another day off…I wonder?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles