Karen writes: 36 days to go to Perth

As I write this the Perth marathon website records "036 days, 10 hours and 32 minutes" to go.  That's only just over a month.

But things are going fine, I did my hill repeats successfully last night, eight times I ran up the big hill on Maraetai drive, a 300 metre distance with the elevation going up 12 metres. 8 times I ran down it again (yes, obviously), the lady watching out of her house window further up the road looked a bit anxious seeing me go back and forth,  perhaps she thought I was casing the place.  A shocking pink polyprop clad burglar gasping for breath.

Tonight I spent 60 minutes on the road, with some satisfaction I think I burned off the cake from morning tea.  I now carry in my head what is on the training programme for the whole of the next week and my focus is on getting it done, I am…shockingly…organising my whole LIFE around  achieving what is on that piece of paper, that's an obsession!  This is how you get close to an event though, but I know the compulsion goes away afterwards….fortunately…or it could be unfortunately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles