Karen writes: Getting OUT the door

Last night it was so cold outside!  Well, cold for Auckland anyway, I will be accused of being a wimp by those from other parts of the country where they have ‘real cold’, but this wimp had to go outside for a run, in the dark, when the children were asleep and the cat was curled up in front of the heater.  I so wanted to stay inside and read my book.   I so didn’t want to get those clammy feeling running clothes on, which included damp shoes, having been washed after the weekends mudbath.  Even doing housework had more appeal.  But you know what, as I could have predicted but never want to believe when I am trying to get the motivation up to leave the house, I warmed up, got to the top of the hill and started running along the road which looks out to the lights of Auckland city, said hello to the sky tower in the distance, admired clouds making patterns on the moon, followed the little pool of light from my headlight (thanks Cheriemc, straps over the beanie does work well) and got into my own world warm and cocooned in my jacket…I didn’t want to come home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles