Karen writes: multi-tasking

To add lots of endurance training to your life you end up multitasking for everything.  I get asked how I fit children, work, home, study, training, etc in, well, the first answer is 'badly', things drop off like the housework, but the other answer is never do one thing at a time.  This has its disadvantages when it comes to ever taking time to slow down, I find that impossible to do.  Anyway, an example is driving to work, this is my opportunity to catch up on the news on the radio and think.   This morning there was a live report from a reporter walking around snowy Christchurch streets and she commented on a lone brave jogger, wondering how they were managing not to slip over in the ice.    I reflected that I complain about a bit of wind and rain, at least I don’t have to worry about whether anyone should invent chains for running shoes or freezing to death in a snowdrift.  Yet one more problem for poor old Christchurch, and one more reminder that we don’t know how lucky we are when we find excuse after excuse for not getting out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles