kate writes: running with new friends

I went to diabetes conference this week. Looked up the hotel I was staying at and found they had a gym. Planned to have a run on the running machine. Whilst discussing this over morning tea we actually planned to run around the lake. One of the reps, Nisha lives in Takapuna and knew the way. By 5 pm we had 2 more runners from Tauranga. Off we went and the heavens opened, wet in 2 minutes, but my new yellow jacket kept me dry. We did see the lake for about 30 seconds, otherwise it was a road run. That was fine but I had no idea where we went. Just tried to do Mapmyrun and I think it was about 8 km. Thankyou all it was great. We had a nice meal in and then a few wines and I met up with some of the nurses from Christshurch Diabetes Clinic. It reminded me how lucky we are not to have the issues they have. Many have poor housing due to the earthquake and then go to work and support their patients. I took this photo whilst there and wish them all well.  We will be looking at the fund raising soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles