Karen writes: Archilles again

I have just got in from a 60 minute 'recovery' type of run.  I went out thinking I would just do half an hour but it is lovely out there, and it is hard to stop even if you know it is the sensible thing to do.  I ran twice along the waterfront, with the few lights reflecting off the dark water on a still night the view is gorgeous.   But I have what I suspect is an evolving archilles injury, it's been grumbling on and off, and now I cant ignore it.  Every time I tried to run up one of my favorite hills it hurt, so I ended up sticking to the flat for a change.   I am sitting with icepacks in my socks, feet up, taken the anti-inflammatories, applied the antiflam, and hoping against hope that it is alright for Sunday's planned 30km.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles