Karen writes: Clothes shopping

Kate and me went shopping for running singlets to take to Australia, our old red ones are past their best after several years of waving the Diabetes Projects Trust (DPT) flag.  Strangely we had a moment of disquiet when we briefly glanced at the Adidas stand, kept walking and eventually after much trying on and critiquing in the mirror ended up with bright blue Nike singlets, which the nice man let us have at a reduced price (it pays to be cheeky and ask).  The singlets met our criteria of – quick-dry fabric, no sticking out bits under the arm, cover straps underneath, a little bit of space around the tummy so as not to look like a sausage stuffed into a skin, long enough to cover the top of the tri-shorts a bit, price, and of course a cute colour.   Now we have to decide what writing and branding to put on them.   We want them to say what we are doing to see if we can get some support from over the Tasman, plus thank our sponsors/supporters…at this point they are Novo Nordisk and our own DPT.    I was very happy to find running shoes on special too, when the ever sensible members of the Te Puru running team expressed concern that I was training with just the one pair of shoes, which would have something like 500km of road-pounding on them by the time I ran the marathon, I had joked (almost) that I would have to negotiate with the kids which week they wanted to go without food. This pair however was last seasons stock and on special with $100 off so I couldn’t walk (run?) past them…yay I feel like a real runner, I have TWO pairs of shoes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles