Karen writes: Halfway to marathon


Over halfway through the 8 week training programme to get marathon ready.   That means, with 34km run  (meant to be 35 but I miscalculated) on Sunday, I have had my hardest training week ever, and the hardest for the programme.   Over the next 4 weeks the amount of effort drops off steadily, how did that happen so quick?   Last night there was strength training planned, and my mind told me all day I really couldn’t  be bothered.  What about a REST my mind was telling my body, you nearly ran a marathon  (only 8km short) 24 hours ago, take the day OFF…go on, you deserve it.     Sigh.    


Actually I didn’t take the day off yesterday.   I’m doing that today...a halfway there day off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles