Karen writes: Old boot

Spending hours outside sweating has wonderful benefits for the body, but does mess your skin up, I mean you expect wrinkles to come as part of the territory in your fabulous 40's, but spots should have been left behind long ago, and those caused by exercise are not confined to your face.   Now that I am a ‘mature’ person, I reckon I have earned a few things, one of them is the occasional bit of pampering in the form of a nice facial over at a great little place in Takanini.   Of course I know these sorts of things will never turn an old boot into a strappy little high heeled sandal, but perhaps the aim might be for smart little dress boot version rather than one of the agricultural variety.   But the reality is that upset skin is one of the hazards of exercise, the result of all that sun and wind exposure and being sand-blasted by road dirt has the potential to make me want to cover all reflective surfaces in the house, and could reduce the average beautician to a paroxysm of frustration.  Not mine of course, she takes it in her stride, when she sees me coming she gets out the industrial quality cleaning equipment and rhinoceros strength moisturiser, checks I am still wearing sunscreen (70+!), and kindly refrains from telling me off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles