Karen writes: Snow

I didn’t want to go out to do 60 minutes, it was cold and dark, raining and there was hail on and off.  There had also been snow in Auckland earlier in the day. 

Hey, there was SNOW in Auckland, I had to go out! My children can tell their grandchildren when it next snows (in another 70 or so years) that old Great Nana Ka had been mad enough to go for a run last time it happened (slight twist of the facts, I didn’t run IN the snow).   I can hear the sighs from the South Island, sad Aucklander, I can even pick up sniggers from Palmerston North (yes, R, I hear you), but it is all relative.   It’s an event, and on this occasion, an Event with a capital E, and events are a useful part of the mental games you play to make yourself go outside when you really don’t want to go outside.   For example, I have run when I flipped a coin 7 times and most were heads, I have run when the phone didn’t ring by 6.30pm, I  have run when it refused to rain heavily enough not to, I have run if I knew most of the words of the last song I heard on the car radio when I got home, see a pattern?

So mythical mokopuna, I ran on the day the snow came to Auckland.   It was a very nice run too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles