Kate Writes: Why we are running!

Today I was at uni. Doing a paper on Pharmacology. It was good, lots to learn, particularly when to take my anti inflammatory drugs before I start to run. But I got talking to a girl called Heather from Christchurch. She is struggling to do her studies as the earth quake has caused her great grief.  Her House is OK and in the green zone, but all the other houses around her are in the red Zone. She has no chimney and the snow has fallen and caused more leaks in the roof. She lost a friend in the CTV building and is grieving.  This made me run hard tonight. There is a good reason to fund raise and give something to the nurses at the diabetes unit in Christchurch. It makes me realize how lucky we are. Good Luck to all who live in Christchurch and I hope the weather improves soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles