kate Writes: Monday morning swim

I've just had 2 days off. My calf still feels a little stiff so I'm being good and stretching, probably not enough. I got up an hour early today, to go swimming in Otara pool. Felt very pleased with myself. Got a txt from Karen to say she had a sick child and was not coming. I thought of not swimming myself but it was 7:10 and the office was not open so I might as well just go for a swim. One of my patients was in the pool so I had a quick catch up with her, and then got on with the swim. I had to do 500m free style to warm up and then 1k with pulboy and band. Also using the paddles. Not used them before so it felt like hard work to begin with. Then 500m with flippers. Wow the last few lengths felt like I was flying. I seem to suffer with blocked up nose and then an allergic reaction for the next few hours after swimming. A local GP suggested Flexinase. So I went to the chemist , its $28 or free with a prescription. I will have a chat with my doctor on Thursday. See if it works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles