KATE:Writes: Swim

I went back to my swim coach today. Very pleased with myself from the wonderful marathon. We learnt how to do tumble turns. I think the pool had a nasty dose of snot after I had finished. Yep it was not pleasant. You have to breath out of your nose as you turn. I think more water went up it than out of it but eventually I think I've got it. Well as long as nobody is watching and seeing a very strange looking flop and wriggle at the end of the pool. But wow what a difference. Instead of touching and stopping at the end of a length there is this flow.... Anyway that was the beginning of the lesson. I am still in recovery, well that's my excuse. I took a few lengths off to catch my breath ,but that is the last time I do that. Next week I have to do do 2 swims, 1k of free style and 500m of free style with a band and pulboy, and 500m with flippers. no more messing around, I will be focused and determined. after all I was only 13 minutes behind Karen at the Marathon and there is no better incentive than competition. HeHeHe.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles