Karen writes: Serious

I must be getting serious about this training lark.   I have followed the new plan almost to the letter  in its first week, spin, gym and spin so far and it is only Wednesday.  This morning I had planned on a swim before work, I struggled to get organised enough to get out the door, "mum...where is my...", "mum...can you fix...", "mum...can I have...?".  The traffic was heavy, but I resisted the temptation to turn off and go straight to work and eventually got to the pool.  Raced in, the pool was strangely quiet, yaaay, I would get a lane to myself.

Quick change, slip into the pool...oooooh...COLD!   That's right, the piped gas has been off for most of Auckland since yesterday, and what do you know, heated indoor public pools rely on gas.  But it was a good swim once I stopped wishing for my wetsuit, I did get mildly distracted at one point thinking about whether the shower water was also heated by gas....

And it was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles