Karen writes: The three disciplines kick in

Friday went for a swim.  I have had a total of 3 training swims this year and it is 10 weeks to the Rotorua Half Ironman so I have probably only 8 weeks to stretch the current 1km swim ‘any-old-way’ out to 2km of efficient freestyle.   I might (will) have to figure out how to fit in more than one swim a week!    On the plus side, the 70km cycle on Saturday went really well, my average speed is as fast as I have ever managed, I should point out however that it is still well below what others do, and I am regularly passed by cylists looking like they aren’t working at all, while I pedal furiously and appear to be barely moving.  I also had an enjoyable run on Sunday, the usual Beachlands to bush trail, a hilly 19km.  Definitely noticed the heat picking up on Sunday, earlier starts might be required as summer kicks in.

Some reflections from the week.  1) I will always take a jacket with me when I am on a long run or bike ride, the only days I forget are the days when it is guaranteed to start raining heavily at about 30 km from home.   2) It is the school holidays, not having the children to organise makes me less efficient not more? 3) Some hills are made steeper by my head, there is nothing to justify always wanting to walk up that little hill on Rewa road by the Community Hall.  4) I am sure my feet have grown with all the running.   Either that or my cycle shoes have shrunk?

Go all you people working towards the Auckland full or half marathon...counting down now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles