Kate Writes: Swim Squad

Went to swim squad this morning and Greg, whos also doing Ironman was very cross with me because he could not write any rude comments on our blog. So I said I would write them for him... We meet every Friday morning for a fabulous swim. Our Coach Jarrad, is great, He has 10-20 people looking up to him in the swimming pool waiting for the next instructions. We eagally await his next instructions moan about it and then off we go. He watchs each of us and gives constructive advise and motivation +++. Today we were swimming with flutter boards and kicking. Well I can not do this. But Jarrad shouted at me all the way down the pool, straight legs , soft feet, bring your legs higher. I got to the other end. Afterwards Jarrad said its all in your head you need to believe in yourself. Hes a great coach. Thanks Jarrad.
The group of swimmers are a group of new friends. I swim in the slowest group. Last week a new person started and she is slower than me, I was so pleased, I told her how excited I was that there was someone slower than me. She did not come this week. I must be nice to her next time.
We go for coffee and carbs after the swim and put the world to right.  Trainning is hard! HeHeHe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles