Karen writes: Blogging

The journey to Ironman is interesting, but so too it turns out is the whole ‘blog thing’.   For example I love watching the different countries show up on the little map indicating where traffic comes from, some countries I have never heard of apparently have a citizen or two who has stumbled across our ramblings from the bottom of the world.  A surge of interest from Russia did have me stumped though…till I read about the blog spamming phenomenon which originates from this country and others.  So as much as I enjoyed the idea that there were hundreds of Russian people following our every move with avid interest…in a peculiarly co-ordinated way…my research put paid to that idea, these are computer generated hits with nefarious intent.  Makes the numbers of readers look good though.  

Anyway, about the blog, regardless of whether anyone else ever reads the stuff, it is a terrific way of remembering and reviewing our endurance journey and I would thoroughly recommend the act of 'blogging'.   I look back at how much has changed in the last few months, but probably the most telling is the trail of ‘draft’ blog entries I have written.   For one reason or another, usually because I was a bit dubious about accuracy, or about how appropriate the content was for general consumption, I had left these half formed entries to mature in hidden cyberspace and put something else up at the time.   I have just deleted a string of these drafts, amused to find I don’t agree with myself any more!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles