Karen writes: Grumpy customer

The Taupo cycle challenge is next week so it is time for the pre-race sort out of muscles and ligaments and things, try to knock off a few of the aches which accumulate as the training mileage goes up...so I booked (I thought) online for a sports massage.  Now I have been going to these people for a while and love what they do, I don't love their booking service, it seems looking back that almost every appointment I have ever made with them has been messed up by messages being wrongly recorded, something not transferred across from a scrap of paper to the computer, there's been a double-up and I have even managed to make an online booking with a therapist on a day they didn't even work.   I got annoyed (privately) this time, huff...running out of time...grump... thought I had organised my life...whinge....I'd rearranged the training schedule to have time off...grizzle...picking the girls up late...blah blah...and the upshot of it is I need some body maintenance done and it's not happening.

So once I had recovered from my sulking I asked around for recommendations.  I have learned from experience that its not smart to let just anyone to mess around with my muscles when, as currently is the case, they are a tad overstressed.  Importantly too, there isn't much time to recover if anything ends up worse than it started, and that can happen.    I made the phonecall.  Sorry, no can do.   Someone else...nope, full up.   Sports massage people are really busy!

I have had to swallow my pride, and go back to the original crowd and book a session for Friday, hoping I wont be too sore for the 100km bikeride on Saturday morning (and that the ride wont undo any good done by the massage).  I shall be EXTREMELY miffed if an email arrives over the next couple of days to say "sorry, we forgot the clinic does other things on the day you have booked", or "we are getting the roof replaced this Friday".

Perhaps there is more than some inept customer service going on here, I am at the pointy end of one stage of a long training programme, a little tired maybe...this has been going on for a large proportion of a year after all...and I'm ready to take any excuse to throw an enjoyable paddy.  I still feel like finding someone new though...but will most definitely figure that one out with more than 10 days to go before the next race!

Actually, I suspect it is more likely that I shall go to my appointment on Friday with no hitches, come out feeling absolutely wonderful, and forget what I was grumpy about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles