Karen writes: I feel like I am at last swimming!

Its not often I say this, but I had an enjoyable pool session this morning.  1500 metres, mostly freestyle (or using flippers/no arms or paddles/no legs).   I had been a bit worried and thinking I would have to do the entire 2km of the half Ironman with my inefficient mishmash of alternating strokes, but I think the 'aha' moment has at last arrived.   Kate…well…she would appear to be part-fish…slicing through that water and leaving me waaay behind.

Now it is unfortunately time to swim self pity as we admit defeat.  Diabetes Projects Trust has lost the coveted Golden Croc with the Mangere Eye clinic people having outdone us on the Feetbeat challenge. We have had to officially hand the trophy over.  Unfortunately Kate and myself have had a bit of a detrimental effect on the team totals, we spend all our long training hours swimming and running and cycling, but not walking which is what counts for Feetbeat.  Next year we will just have to win it back, well done Mangere Eye clinic team!
Kate presents Mangere Eye Clinic Team members with the DPT Trophy for the 2011 Feetbeat Challengee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles