Karen writes: No brain

Glad to hear I am not alone in suffering from a concentration malfunction.   Obviously especially important not to fall under trucks (PLEASE don't do that Kate!), but I seem to be slipping in other slightly less consequential areas right now.  For example, on the weekend ride I got a few km up the road and couldn't find my favourite handkerchief tucked up my right sleeve where it usually is, oh no, 4 more hours on the road sniffing, yuck.  I did a quick personal audit, did I have anything else I could use like ear warmers, scarf, old tissue in a pocket, money for the shop to stop and buy something?  Sadly no.   A bit further along the road I looked at my left sleeve for some reason, what do you know, handkerchief.   This morning though was a classic, I found I've been washing my hair with a bottle of conditioner instead of shampoo all week, picked it up because it said it would provide extra protection to hair exposed to the elements.  It sure did that.

Here's hoping once this odd mix of training is over for the twin peak of Taupo cycle and Half Ironman the routine might stabilise...yeah right...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles