Karen writes: Think I'm hooked

Oh no, swimming could be my new favourite exercise, I did 2km in the Otara pool this afternoon which was an excellent antidote to a seriously brain draining workday.  In the first 20 minutes I worked with the hand paddles and no kicking, then flippers with no arm use, but then I started on some freestyle, planning on completing a further 10 lengths. Next thing I was powering through the water feeling great for a further 40 lengths.  I didn’t want to get out of the water,  probably would have kept going to see how far I could manage if the girls hadn’t been waiting to be picked up from after-school care…funny that.  Now given my complaint has always been that "swimming is so boring", that is one BIG change for me! 

Tomorrow is another challenging day for work but it is an essential rest day from exercise.  On Saturday I have the dreaded 130km bikeride programmed, and if I can manage, a run on Sunday.    The weekend weather forecast says ‘partly cloudy’, so I can’t look for an excuse to get out of it in that direction.   It will be an early start, lots of water and marmite sandwiches, and over 5 hours on the road…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles