Karen writes: Whanau Sunday

I took my 8yo daughter for a short run tonight, when she gets a bit fitter she will leave me for dust, right now she is speedy, I'm wily.  One trouble I find with having a heavy training commitment is that it takes extra effort to motivate and encourage the girls, I feel quite guilty about how often I don’t have the energy or time.   Today I was wiped out after yesterday’s big ride so I didn’t get out for my long run this morning, that meant the bonus of having enough energy to take Rose for a short run before dinner… I always enjoy sharing something like that with her, I always promise myself we should do it more regularly.  

So we came home, my girl bright red and huffing and holding her chest after 10 minutes of ducking and diving, big feet, small feet flying through the bush, but she was claiming to want to do it again, I was feeling like a proud mum.   Then it was a feed of scallops and crayfish caught this morning.   I ate the scallops, I listened to the crayfish being crickcracked and no amount of telling myself that I just wont find better protein was going to make me eat that stuff.   Yes, I am an ungrateful philistine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles