Kate Writes: clothing

It is obviously the right topic to talk about equipment. I went to the bike shop, Cycle city in Manukau, to get my bike serviced. We had a good talk about the gears and yes they are the right ones, I already have the go faster ones on! I had a new chain and all cleaned up, ready to go. I spoke to Jess and she helped me out with some new shorts. In the changing room getting loads of different pairs shown to me. All very expensive. One pair came in and I looked at the size. A size 8 !  No they would not fit, but she said try them on. They fitted and I just had to have them. When I started this journey I was a large size 16, I'm not really an 8, more of a 12, but its great fun showing off. I bought 2 new pairs of shorts and was given a good discount. Then we moved on to nutrition and bought a couple of bars and will try some whey drink product. Its about trying new things and seeing if they work.
I went out that night with my new shorts on. They were very shiny and need to be worn in. I went home and put the old ones in the bin. Its hard to let go of good friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles