Kate Writes: lung busters

I swim with a great group on Friday mornings. Last session we were doing lung busters. If you do not know what they are, its when you swim a length of the pool under water. We do it with flippers and can do free style or butterfly legs. I'm a bit of a woos and can only do just over half a length. But Jarrad our coach says to me its all in you head, get you head around it. Believe in your self. Well I waited whilst I watched everyone else do it. Greg, who's also doing Ironman, did 2 and a half lengths... I was just getting ready, deep breath before I pushed off and Greg shouted go iron women! well that was enough of an encouragement, I swam hard out and got to the other end, panting, but no one was watching my great achievement as one of the other girls went further than Greg. I must remember its not all about ME!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles