Kate Writes: Queenstown

In the middle of my training I went to Queenstown to a work conference. It was a great week end. I had a few hours off and went walking up hills and along the lake. I was being very fit and very active. I was going to go mountain biking but the meeting I was in went for too long and all I could do that night was put my feet up. But the place is amazing and fitness is the word. I wish I could have done more activities but that's the way it is and work gets in the way. Anyway, it is a place to revisit and get more active in. One person said it was a place that there was something going on all the time. She had been on a 10k race that morning. Another person was very surprised at my activity levels and very encouraging about my Ironman. One of the talks at the conference was about how Christchurch was coping since the earth quake. It was a good reminder that they are still struggling and how grateful they are for people helping out. So if you are thinking of donating to the appeal, please just press the donation button and help. Thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles