Kate Writes: Ride out

I was very concerned about a ride out with my spin group. What if they ride too fast for me, what if I look foolish, what if I get left behind. Its all in my mind, I need to believe in myself. It was a glorious evening, sun shining and off we went. 12 riders. I've never ridden in a pack like this before. Up and down rolling country side we went. I was at the back but it did not matter. I was so excited it was so much fun.  We rode down to the Otaua flats and started drafting. Each of us taking it in turn. Clive was very encouraging, shouting at me get on the back of the wheel KATE. After the first 5 minutes I was thoroughly enjoying myself. It was like a cat and mouse game, changing position all the time going so fast. We clocked up 40km. I checked my computer and I had done 24.5km an hour. I was bouncing up and down, I have never ridden that fast before. I'm sitting here in the early morning writing this up. I should be going out for a 5 hour ride today, but the legs feel heavy, I know last night was a good ride and if I only do a few hours today it was well worth missing the long ride for the fun of last night. Thank you to all the riders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles