Kate Writes: riding home from the airport

I've had a bit of a quiet week with friends from England staying. So how was I going to fit in my long bike ride? I had a cunning plan... lets drop them off at the airport and ride home. Well anyone who knows where I live will know that is madness. But so what! Off I went on my bike. The computer did not work so I had no idea what I was doing. Then it started to rain and I was only in Manurewa, a long way from home. I did think of ringing the husband up and getting him to pick me up but then Taupo is only next week! The rain stopped and I felt better. 2 hours into the ride I was miserable, I hated riding, what did I think I was doing? 3 hours into the ride the sun was out, I was dry and warm and realised I could ride all the way home. I knew I was mad but hey why not. 90km home and off for a drink with some friends. From my house, which is on the Manukau Harbour I can see the airport, its a long way to ride, but now that I have done it maybe I can ride to work or home from work...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles