Kate Writes: Swimming

As my coach keeps saying to me its time to get out into the open water! So Karen and myself checked the tides and booked the swim . We squeezed into our wetsuits and ran down to the beach, well in my case hobbled, into this perfect calm water, it was cold. I pulled the wet suit up around my neck and let all the water in. Rude words were said. Off we went, it takes a little time to get into the swim and I lose my breath and huff and puff. We swam under the Pier and headed for a rock, then off to the end of the beach.We turned to come back and the wind had picked up and the waves were bigger. Still a good swim back and we were finished.


As we came out of the water there was a lady called Shirley just entering with an ironman wetsuit on. Talking with her she had just done the Sprint tri in Auckland with the big boys and was training for the Ironman. I asked if I could touch her and get good luck off her. She had only just come back into training after breaking her pelvis 2 years ago. So there I am whinging about my ankle! Still its good to talk to others and we will see her at Taupo next week, oh no its this Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles