Karen writes: Another event

It's Thursday evening, older daughter is hanging over my shoulder reading out loud as I type.   Another event has arrived, this is the last formal endurance activity before IM.  Tomorrow the dog goes to the kennel (she will be grumpy when she gets home), I shall have to finish off the bags I have half packed, one for the girls, one for the adults, four for sports gear, the chiller with food (mostly for me!), and lastly there is a small Christmas tree which temporarily transplants Christmas from Auckland to Rotorua.

I tell myself as my anxiety goes up that Rotorua has useful things called 'shops', if I forget something, it ISNT a disaster, I can pick up forgotten sunscreen or panadol or anti-chafe or supplements or socks...or perhaps a life-jacket the way the weather is shaping up.
Funny, last week I was fervently hoping that the weather would be fine for Saturday's event, after looking at the dreadful forecasts I now hope for 'just' wind and rain rather than the predicted thunderstorms.   The news is full of the terrible storm damage in Nelson...and I am selfishly thinking about getting chafed on the bike and my marmite sandwiches turning to soup.   However, I have clothing combinations picked out for almost any eventuality, lots of skin stuff, and I shall be so disappointed if the event is cancelled, it's a head thing, if I can do well at this, I shall be fine in 9 or so weeks time for the real thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles