Karen writes: Seem to have run out of time to do things right.

No training tonight AGAIN.  The annual Christmas carols at the beach became Christmas carols in the Hall at another beach because of the awaited heavy rain.   It was an exhausting exercise, probably more so but in a different way from what I was meant to be doing, a 500m swim, a 20km bikeride and a 5km run.  Oops.   So spent the evening sitting on the floor in the gym at Te Puru park with hundreds (it felt like thousands) of sugar fueled primary school children racing and dodging and ducking and diving like some swirling juvenile maelstrom...the band and singers bravely (and sometimes successfully) out-noising the yelling children. Oh joy.  

Anyway, home at last, tired small bodies packed off to bed, and I am contemplating the spin bike as a token gesture towards training.   It is watching me contemplate it, not saying much.  I really don't know that I can face it though!    I seem to have destroyed my wetsuit too, the flexible arm panels have started disintegrating, so that is the excuse for not going for a late evening dip in the tide (yes, pretty poor excuse), actually, its more that I'm worried about the things with teeth which I am told come out at night to eat.

Today was not a nutritional success either, call it the peril of tempting leftovers...not helped of course by the chocolate santas which kept turning up on my desk surreptitiously...not my fault, I suspect sabotage by Kate.

However, I may yet get my revenge, Sara has promised me that she will leave sports bottles filled with wine in her Rotoiti letterbox on the weekend for Kate on her half IM bikeride.  I understand however that she may also have promised Kate to leave chocolate and fruit mince pies for me.  Imagining what a sipper bottle of warm wine might do to a racing Kate is one thing, quite another vision is me pedaling past at a furious wobble, one hand on the handlebars, ripping the pie packet open with my teeth and leaving a trail of little baked products up the road?

Comments

Karen said…
Hi Kate with the Achilles injury , how did you go in the wild weather Half on Saturday? I see you finished - kudos to you! Be looking for you at Ironman in March :)

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles