Karen writes: Training brain...

The recipe to fix tiredness was...get plenty of rest and eat well.   Last night however, was the graduation of a fabulous young woman I have been mentoring (theoretically, I've probably learned more off her truth be known) for the last four years as part of the YWCA Future Leaders Programme.  It involved a trip into town, buffet dinner, of course dessert, and a late night for me, but very worth it to see S graduate from the programme and get a prize for her volunteering work.

She did make me laugh in her thankyou speech, she had to make the comment in front of the nearly 300 strong audience that she thought her mentor was “mad…but in a good way”, making reference to Ironman.   

Things ran late, I was shattered, and I had a long drive home so I left before the finish at about 9.30pm.   I picked up my keys, phone, the bunch of flowers given to mentors, and hung my coat over my arm and left.   I got to the carpark and looked at what I was holding and found I had picked up a fork, how on earth didn't I notice that?  With visions of this just-retired mentor being arrested for 'cutlery theft', I took the fork back to someone in the venue who had a good laugh about it.  I wasn’t so ready to laugh though, my brain wasn’t working, this is usually hidden because I can just crawl off to bed at home when I start to wilt.  Anyway, a drink of coke (I'm meant to be avoiding fizzy and caffeine) got me alert enough to be safe on the road.    Only another 2 months...did I just say that...only TWO months of this left!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles