Kate writes: competition

There really isn't any competition between me and Karen. She always blitz me, Taupo lake was a one off. I felt good on the ride and Karen did not. Very simple. I had a great ride yesterday. I went to swim school first and had a hard work out for an hour then lunch with the girls and boy! Then Barbara and me went off for a ride. She was ready for a 2 hour ride I said I wanted to do 4 hours or 90 k, so off we went. We rode the back route to Waiuku and 42k later we were at the shell garage, top up the water but it also has the best toilets in the area. Home we went and finished 84km in 3hours 20mins. I was pleased, Barbara thought it was a bit slow.  24k an hour is really good for me. Felt tired though.
Today the tide is right and Rachael said she would be the rescue boat. The wind is blowing a gale but I need to go out and swim, after all you never know what the conditions will be like on the day. The water was churned up and when I had my face in the water I could not see anything. Very strange feeling swimming blind.Rachael was surfing the waves on the boat, I was trying not to drink too much sea water. Swam for about 20 mins. Better than not doing it. Got out and thanked Rachael as I am a woos, I think that a shark or sting ray will get me. HaHaha, they really are not there!
Walking down the beach there was this huge , I mean at least 2 foot wide sting ray dead on the beach. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles