Kate Writes: There are nice people out there!

Friday is my day off work. I had planned to swim and bike. The sun was shining and I was hoping to go for a ride with my friend Barbara. I was feeling a little low and contemplated just going home, but no I'm going to be an Iron man! I do not give up. So off for a swim I went. Barbara was not there so I was going to have to motivate myself. The Swim was good, as long as I concentrated and did not hit the wall at either end. Garrard works us hard and then has a good word for each of us. Fiona had just had a hand op and so filmed us. I thought I was doing ok until I saw the film. Who was that large fat girl with the orange hat on. Oh that's me! I quickly turned it off. Its much better to have an image of your self that's better than real life.  
We go for lunch and coffee after the swim and its a good time to catch up with friends. It started to rain! I hate the rain,but I was in my bike kit and had my new hat, which goes under my bike hat to keep the sun off. I bought it to keep the hair in order. Today it kept my head dry.
I had a great ride. I put the whole worlds problems straight and felt much happier. On my way home, I saw a car turning on to the main road and I thought to myself , he has not seen me! I was right! I think he got a bigger shock than me as he did a big swerve. Well I was ok and he did not hit me so off round the corner I went. There was the truck and a gentleman was standing next to it asking me to stop. He was so apologetic, I felt cared for. There are a few nice people in this world and I would like to thank them for stopping and taking the time to be appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles