Karen writes: I'm Athena

I have put 4kg in weight on in the last couple of months.   I don't know where the weight has stashed itself away because I still feel ok in my clothes, but I do worry that it puts extra strain on my joints.   It also means that I can now officially race in the Athena category, which is a 75kg plus grouping for woman triathletes (men are clydesdales) and as Kate is now lighter than me she is laughing her head off!

But it is the absolute wrong time to try to lose weight 8 weeks out from IM, and given that I am running a large daily calorie deficit what with all the energy I am burning off, cutting calories, or exercising more isn't going to be the answer.

So back to focusing on the training, back to trying to follow the programme, back to this sensible eating plan which asks that I eat more not less(!), and this week there are no excuses about not finding time as the girls are away on holiday. Speaking of which, they wont be in any hurry to come home, they are being serenaded at night by a busy boy kiwi (bird variety) who lives in the toitoi below my parents house where the girls are staying.   He successfully hatched his first egg late last year, the process of which we all followed with delight thanks to Tod at 'Backyard Kiwi'.   While I was out running in the Whangarei heads area at Christmas it was wonderful to see the beautiful little line drawing 'kiwi' signs along the roadsides, and also know that there were sleeping kiwi all around me when I was in the bush. Go you guys...the work you do is AWESOME!'
Northland Kiwi chick Dallson age 20 days - picture Backyard Kiwi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles