Karen writes: Sad

I just had a feed of newly caught NZ Snapper, freshly hot smoked with salt and brown sugar.  With I might add, hot, chunky cut chips out of the traditional, wonderfully grease soaked newspaper packet.  Not a vegetable to be seen.   Once I would have eaten such a meal with delight, demanded the other half of the fish straight out of the smoker, more chips and probably topped it off with cola.   This is the double penalty of not only working in health promotion, but also training for IM, instead of just enjoying such rare kiwi bounty, before I realised it I had calculated the amount of energy, protein, carbohydrate, speculated what sort of oil the chips were cooked in, and monitored my portion size!   When did I lose my capacity to just enjoy the occasional treat...that is SO sad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles