Karen writes: Spin, homestyle

Yesterday had a spin bike session according to the programme.  I got dressed in my version of 'spin clothes', (worn out cycle shorts and singlet) earlier in the evening so that I wouldn’t just sink into the sofa once the girls were in bed.  Ah, all quiet at last, water bottles lined up, spinning DVD in the player, remote in reach, towel, bike positioned to catch the evening breeze… and 80 minutes with nothing to do but pedal according to the instructions from the man in the TV.  

1 trip each to the toilet by the two girls.
Phonecall from people offering a cheap newspaper deal
1 x “Muuuum, I’m worried that stick insect I saw down on the trampoline is going to get me”
1 x “My room is full of mosquito’s and I can’t sleep”
1 more trip to the toilet each for the two girls.
1 x “Can I wear a dress to holiday club tomorrow, we aren’t doing sports…”
1 x “I’m just going to feed the cat”

I did finish the DVD, during which I had plenty of time to reflect on the grinning instructor's assertion, “this is aerobic conditioning to do in your off season, it feels easy but it is doing you good”.  I’m sure it was doing me good, but it sure didn’t feel easy to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles