Kate writes: Cunning plan

Today I got up feeling very tired, no motivation, do I have to go out, cant I stay in bed? Well basically no, I had arranged to swim with Barbara and then bike. Planning exercise is always good for me as I cannot back out. The swim was in Waiuku at the open air pool. A little cool, but in I went and 1km later felt a lot better. Off for morning tea and coffee felt even better. The rain started, not just a drizzle but  torrential rain with wind and going sideways. I'm sure it will stop. And stop it did. Off riding we went. It was not long before the rain started, but it was not bad. So we decided to go to the mine entrance, its a nice ride with great views. When we got there we could not see the views as it was raining. On our way back the rain fell hard and the wind blow. I'm sure it was hailstones as it really hurt. The rain was coming in my sunglasses at an angle and one eye stopped  working so I was riding with one eye shut. It's all good training I kept saying to myself, I can deal with anything. The only weather I have not been training in is sunshine! That will be a shock if on the day its really hot! Anyway the cunning plan is that I have done all my training this week and I plan to have 2 days off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles