Kate Writes: It was all my fault

Well, I got on my bike and changed gear as I had been shown and it worked! Benny was right it was all my fault. I went out with my spin group and had a great ride. No problems. I also had new aero bars. My coach said get aero bars and even though I was anxous, I believe in my coach. After all I had knocked 56 minutes off my half iron man time. So I tried out these new handle bars. They seem ok.
Today I had to do a 30 minute swim, 3 hour bike and 30 min run. It was very windy and wet, but you just have to do it. The swim was fine, morning tea at the cafe always helps. My friend Bret who swims with us is a very good bike rider and I asked him loads of questions about the aero bars. Yes I am ready to give them a go. Barbara was riding too so off we went. It was very windy. Down to the Otau flats we went and down onto the aero bars. I stayed on the bike and just have to be careful about my back and neck. Yes I think I'm going to like them. We were going up a steep hill the wind was coming straight down on us and it started to rain. Well I think it was hail or snow!We got up to Puni School and the rain stopped and the sun came out. We rode back to Waiuku with 48k under our belt and I went for a quick run around the block.
Yes it was a great day, I'm a little sunburnt in the places I missed with the sunblock, but feeling good. I mean to say ,I almost did a quarter Ironman and still had the energy to go out partying. Tomorrows a rest day, I am off shopping with the daughter, who just passed all her NCEA year 13 exams and is off to Uni. She has no clothes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles