Kate Writes: Swimming

First day back at work. I got up at 6:15 and went for a run. Not bad I thought. Leg feeling better. Monday evening went to swim at the big pool. Got there early to get a few lengths in before the others arrived. Jarrad planned a long swim. 3k!  we were to start off with 1500m free style and then 1500m with buoy, band and paddles. Both lengths to be timed the second lap to be faster. The first 1500m i did in 37 minutes. Not bad I thought. The second lap I felt as though I was drowning. At each end I missed my footing could not catch the edge with my hands as the paddles were in the way. I do believe that Jarrad would jump in and save me if he thought I was drowning, well as long as he was watching and not talking! Anyway I finished the last lap in 34 minutes. I could hardly stand, in all I swam 3300m. Not far off the 3800m for IM. But I was very tired , went home ate more food a glass of wine and slept soundly for 8 hours. Today the shoulder feels a little stiff. I will swim again tomorrow and see how far I can go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles