Karen writes: Counting down

Final catchup with trainer Grant.  He assures me that I am ready for Ironman, and that the tiredness will drop away as the week goes on, and the excitement on the day will help carry me through anyway.  I admitted to wanting to change bits of my plan, like I would love to try a new apricot and chocolate energy bar (its got oats in it, must be good for you), but I haven't tested it, so Grant didnt think that was smart... I knew that, but the temptation was there. Better leave the purse at home when we visit the expo down in Taupo methinks!

I'm fishing things out of the washing pile and putting them to one side in readiness for the trip, at the moment its very much...1 blue running sock, 1 white cycle sock, 2 gloves (but not a pair), 4 pairs of tri shorts (which pair do I want?).  I couldn't find the running shirt with the branding on it anywhere, turned the house upside down before it was discovered tucked away in a shelf where toys live.  Whew.   This I think was an example of the common household phenomenon whereby things migrate into unlikely places in the presence of children, mysteriously without their knowledge.

Still no news on the ongoing helmet saga, the two offending items sit in front of me but I am not too worried, the old one which had discolored to a horrible grey/yellow has faded more in the sun over the last couple of days and is now a goldy color, if you don't look at the bits which were not exposed (grey) it looks rather nice.  Kate has fine red toenails, perhaps I should paint mine gold to match my helmet?

However, such minor equipment considerations may pale in comparison with a new (but not unknown) worry emerging...take a look at this weather forecast and tell me with confidence that Saturday will be FINE!  Hmm, where did I put the merino base layers, the raincoat, the winter arm-covers, the best wet weather socks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles