Karen writes: Disappointment

What a beautiful morning.  Feels Autumn fresh, the sun washing across the damp grass down at the beach making bright contrast with the shadows, and oh the water.  The sea was absolutely gorgeous, so flat and smooth that a swimmer would leave a track across it.  I was tempted to call in to work that I would take a couple of hours leave and go for a perfect morning swim.

But I had other plans, this morning I had promised myself a rare breakfast treat.  Having behaved myself food-wise (sort-of), what I desired most was a sausage roll from the Whitford bakery.   It sat on my seat, wafting warm fumes in the car, grease embossing the brown paper bag, and as I drove I just soaked up the pleasure and anticipation of finally nibbling on that crisp flaky pastry and rich filling.

You know what?   I’m so hung up on this dratted ‘fuel the body’ stuff I didn’t even enjoy it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles