Karen writes: Last pool swim before IM

Went for a swim this morning at the Otara pool.  Both swim lanes were vacant, it was raining outside, and I didn’t feel under any obligation to work too hard, or for too long…bliss.   I still wonder why I don’t cruise effortlessly through the water like  the sleek and streamlined water creature of my imagination, but remind myself that wearing a wetsuit on the day will help immensely, the neoprene pretty much holding me up so that all I need to do is turn the arms, kick minimally to conserve the legs, and breathe of course.  It is, I reflect ruefully, too late to change anything now even if I knew what to change, that was probably my last pool training swim.

So I splashed out a kilometre, listened with secret enjoyment to the same music I used to listen to on the radio nearly 40 years ago (my mother used to leave the transistor on all day to keep her budgie company), and then indulged in a relaxed shower and came to work.   

Where I have just not stopped eating.  I may not fit into my wetsuit at this rate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles