Karen writes: Tired or lazy

I got to put that trail across the perfectly flat sea surface today, swam the length of Maraetai Beach and back twice and my arms feel every stroke.   I'm trying to remember the significant things rather than how much of a slog it was...like looking up at the far end of the beach and seeing a cyclist perfectly silhouetted against the rising sun, looking at the milky silvered underside of the water surface as I swam, and keeping an eye out for that dratted surfcaster who insisted on pulling his line in before I went past, and casting it back over my head while I was directly off the beach from him.

I'm really really tired.   That's not a surprise, yesterday's effort took nearly 8 hours and that is going to take some sort of toll on the body, hence my thighs feel prickly inside, my brain is dull, and I want to lie down and just sleep.  I've deliberately not recorded what I have been eating today, and went out for a substantial steak dinner, steak isn't something I cook usually, being stuck in the 'food for kids' mould still.  It was beautiful down at the Jolly Roger at Pine Harbour, a bit like a tropical resort with its palms, and lots of children on their scooters or running around the paved area in front of the restaurant.  

Getting up for tomorrow's 30km run may be a problem, so my running gear is set out on the table, the alarm is already set, and I'm having a very strict talk with myself before I go to bed...however I not sure which side of the argument I am going to take...should I tell myself I am lazy and just get on with it...or should I say my body is trying to tell me something, be sensible and take a rest?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles