Karen writes: Wild water

Waiting for the tide to come in enough to allow a decent sort of swim...I don't like paddling with the crabs and stingrays...I watched the wind come up with concern.  By mid afternoon I didn't dare wait any longer, and got into the wetsuit and headed over the road.   There weren't many people on the beach, for a summer Saturday that is saying something about the weather.   In the water, the waves were hitting me straight in the face, I couldn't see past the walls of water, and it felt like I was swimming twice as hard to get anywhere at all.  I wanted to get out, and promised myself...just to the trig, just to the wharf, just to the rock, just to the trees...then I can walk back along the beach.  But I got to the end of the beach, and turned around and the waves washed me home, that's what swimming should be like!   It was still only half of what I should have done, but it wasn't pleasant, and if there isnt any pleasure in training at all, where is the point to it? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles