Karen writes: Wimpy.

The programme said cycle 140km, I only had 4 hours so that wasn't a goer.  I was also feeling lethargic and wimpy.  All I needed was to get caught in a thunderstorm over Alfriston.   I pedaled in the heavy rain for a bit while I thought about whether my tyres would protect me from lightning strike, really must find out the answer to that one but at the time, given how wet I was, I wasn't keen to test the idea out.  I turned round, and headed towards home, trying to follow the brief patches of clear sky and stay away from the thunder.  The rain caught me again on the coast road and torrents poured through my helmet and I was cold and dispirited by the time I dragged up the driveway. Only 70km.  I could then have gone for the required 40 minute run in the rain, instead I had a shower and got into bed to warm up for half an hour before putting my 'mum' hat on and heading up the road to collect the children from after-school care.  May have some explaining to do when I report in to trainer Grant on the week's training, it hasn't been what you might call one of my better weeks.

Anyway, 2 weeks to go till we see if the effort for the last year has been worth it, the main job now is to avoid injuring anything or catching a bug.  And start sorting out equipment to take away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles