kate Writes: A cold

Two weeks out from ironman and I have a cold. I have taken 2 days off training and hope to ride out tomorrow. But I'm sitting here sweating. Now is it the cold or is it just real hot and humid? I'm feeling very sorry for my self, also my lovely daughter has left home. We put her on a plan to Dunedin in the early hours of this morning. I have had 2 txt to say she loves it already. But it is a big change in my life. This is what we want for our children but having only one beautiful angel its hard to let go. Its a shame I'm not training today because that is what would do me alot of good. I long ride or better than that a long run. I was given a portrait of her for my 50th birthday and it arrived on Thursday , so I can sit here and look at her. But she does not talk or answer back. I have set up skype, but can not get the sound to work. I need an external mic and ear phones. so tonight I can call her and hear her but not speak to her. This I will sort out on Monday. 
Anyway to remedy the cold , I'm taking sudafed, vit c, echinacea, garlic, evening primrose oil and fish oil. Also loads of sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles