Kate writes: encouragement

I was at the pool waiting to start my session when I bumped into Soul, a man I went to IM camp with. He was tired and lacking in motivation. We had a good chat and I talked about my Race plan that I had spent the day writing (I had done my work). It had made me focus on the week and the event and plan what I want to do. It is also very encouraging to see how far we have come. I still have that little voice in my head that says "you can't do it" but it is drowned out by the larger voice saying " of course you can do it". So much of this training is head space.


Emma, one of the swimmers, said how inspired she was by me and when she felt low enthusiasm she read my blog. Its great getting feed back from people and encouraging for me that others are getting support from this  too.


The swim went well. I talked to myself about going at my speed, so I was several lengths behind the rest of the group. 32 lengths later , 1600m, we had a breather. There were 3 of us swimming a little slower. The man on the outside called Pete, I think, was swimming at the same speed. Jarrad said I want you to swim at the same speed as the rest. So 100 meter sprints were on. I went as fast as I could, but by 50 meters I lost all my breath and floundered. I breast stroked back. I thought Jarrad had forgotten me but no he said 2 minutes Kate. Oh, I better get myself sorted. Next 100m I took it at my speed and came in 59 seconds, better he said, next one at 45 seconds and then last one 34seconds. The whole group cheered. Peter shook my hand and said I was really steam down the lane. I could not talk and breathing was difficult, but I had made it.  
The support I get from everyone around is great. Its what keeps me going. Also the word of failure does not come into my vocabulary. Roll on 3rd March. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles