Kate Writes: Helpful riders

It always worries me that I'm not a fast rider. I go out with the group and worry that I'm slowing people down. I went out for a Sunday morning ride with the cycle group and was at the back again. We started drafting down on the flats, up to 30k an hour, I huffed and puffed and tried really hard to keep up with the tyre in front, Annette asked if I was OK and I said yes but that I could not keep this up for long. The pack slowed down and I could breath again. There is a long hill up to Puni School and we were going to re group up there. I pushed hard but was still miles behind the group. Pete came back and helped me draft up the last bit, it was very good of him. Off to Patamahoe we went, again behind, this time Terry came back and helped me draft. We got back onto the main road back to Waiuku and I was behind Terry. He said the rest of the group was being slow so off we went, he pulled me along the road and up the hills, my thighs were hurting and I was huffing and puffing. But we got back to the cafe and had done 70 k at 24k an hour. That was good for me. I know I can not draft in IM but the hard peddling is a good work out. And its fun! The problem being is that I got to the cafe and saw all the lovely food and all I could manage was a bowl of fruit salad, mind you that was great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles