Karen writes: Rest week and what next...

The sun is out, however it is getting cooler in Auckland now that Autumn has officially started.  Not that it ever got particularly warm this summer, which had the benefit of making training more comfortable.   

And I’m feeling much more positive today.  I’m also feeling more tired, having forgotten that it isn’t the day immediately after an event I feel any impact, it’s usually the second day.  Still no aches and pains, a bit tight across the lower back which has been a longer term problem, thighs a bit stiff when I get up from the chair after sitting for a while, and just that residual low energy.  Even the blisters have flattened themselves out and while a bit ugly are no longer tender.  It goes to show that even though we were trained for twice the distance, a half Ironman is still a significant drain on the body.

So, the plan. 
1)   Body (and mind) recovery this week.
2)   In the next week or so we will tally up the donations and get them off to the diabetes team in Christchurch, I am sure they will understand that things were outside of our control at the end.  The donation link is still open for this if you would like to make a last minute contribution to making things a little easier for those caring for people with diabetes in Christchurch.
3)  We were invited to join a diabetes related team of amateur athletes doing Ironman 2013, this is now a strong possibility.
4)   Rough plan of events for the 2012 year.  For me that means hopefully the Rotorua Marathon at the end of April, and definitely Taupo Cycle challenge, plus others probably.
5)   Be ready to push the button at 10am this Friday to enter for Ironman next year which is set for 2 March 2013 (there will be a whole lot of other people doing the same I suspect).
6)  A new challenge needs an updated blog, to come...

I did idly speculate about what I was going to do with all the sports gear I had accumulated over the year, now I guess I have the answer to that one!  In the meantime, time to rest, eat, walk, eat, and work on some new dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles