Kate writes: results

Its a funny thing waiting for test results. You never think that they will be bad. Well Tuesday night the phone rang whilst I was driving home, so like a good girl I did not answer the phone. It was my GP saying that she did not want to leave the results on the phone and will call me at home. Hypochondria set in! I waited all night until I went to bed. I was going to die! I know that's stupid but its the way I think. The following morning I get to stalk my GP. I find her in the car park of a different surgery that she works in. She beams at me and tells me that I should buy a lotto ticket, the mole was pre melanoma! It had been caught before it had turned nasty. What a relief I can breath again. I need to go and have more of the arm removed and a check for any other moles, but basically I will be ok.


But it made me think about the sun. I'm usually good with sunblock, but now I think arm and leg protection is a must. I've seen some nice red arm warmers I will buy those.  This mole has been there for many years and came with me from the UK. We must all take care and cover up. I have a new campaign, watch out I will be telling everyone to cover up and put sun block on! We can never take anything for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles